At our house, St. Patrick's Day has ALWAYS been a big deal. Each year, our home is invaded by the mischievous leprechaun and antics ensue.
You can probably guess that my kids want to try and CATCH that poor pesky Leprechaun and see if they can get in on that whole treasure he is said to hoard!
Each year, my kids build a leprechaun trap in hope of finally catching that elusive leprechaun (and snagging some of his treasure) on St. Patrick's Day.
This is a fun tradition that my kids LOVE sharing with their friends all over the Shreveport - Bossier area, so every year, we make packages of Leprechaun Lure for them to share at school with their classmates.
This year, we decided to jazz things up a bit and created this cute free printable tag to attach to the little bags for even more fun.
You can print these out on plain white printer paper OR try different colors of cardstock for added weight and variety.
Just punch a hole in one corner and tie them them to little bags of our Leprechaun Lure (recipe below!) to create the ultimate festive St. Patrick's Day snack to enjoy with your family & friends AND hopefully catch that pesky little leprechaun in the act!
Lucky Leprechaun Lure Recipe
- 1 Box of Charmed Marshmallow Cereal
- 1 container of gold glitter cupcake sprinkles
- 1 bag of mini golden sandwich cookies
- 1 bag of mini pretzels
- 1 bag of Green Candy Coated Chocolates
- 1 container of green glitter cupcake sprinkles
- Clear Gift Bags or Snack Bags
- Green Ribbon to attach card
- Cardstock or Plain Printer Paper
- Hole Punch
- Mix cereal, candy, cookies & pretzels in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into each gift bag with enough for each child/classmate you would like to share these with.
- Add a smidge of gold & green glitter cupcake sprinkles into each bag if desired.
- Print out printables
- Cut printables out using scissors
- Use a hole punch to punch a hole for ribbon in one corner of each card.
- Thread the card onto a section of ribbon and use to tie the bag of Leprechaun Lure closed.
- Curl the ends of the ribbon if you like OR leave straight to support a cute bow.
- Gift to ALL your child's friends or classmates
If you don't eat the leftovers before St. Patrick's Day rolls around, leave some out in a small dish inside your leprechaun trap and let us know if you catch a leprechaun!
Who knows, maybe you will get lucky THIS year and finally catch that elusive little Leprechaun!
If nothing more, perhaps he will leave you a few chocolate coins if you're super lucky!
Looking for even MORE fun? Try this sweet treat fun deal from Certifikid!
Good luck, last year, ours got a tad naughty and went on a spree turning all of our milk green, even in our cereal bowls! We hope our pancakes aren't next THIS year!
You can check out how THAT happens HERE if you'd like to get in on the fun with your family and create some St. Patrick's Day magic!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
#KidsEvents #KidsActivities #MacKID #ShreveportThingsToDo #BossierThingsToDo #marketing#socialmedia#shreveport#Bossier#bossiercity#shreveportbossier#texarkana#longviewtx#easttexas#share#event#events#ShreveportEvents#BossierEvents#ShreveportKids#BossierKids#ShreveportActivities#BossierActivities #ShreveportBlogger#LouisianaBlogger#ShreveportBossierMomsInTheKnow#marketing#socialmedia#shreveport#Bossier#bossiercity#shreveportbossier#texarkana#longviewtx #easttexas