🌸☀️🌿💐🌈🌻Welcome to the Macaroni Kid Shreveport-Bossier Area Summer Fun Challenge. Each week we will post a theme and at least four challenges that go along with that theme.
Most are Photography based challenges combined with Arts and Crafts. Some challenges may include things made as part of another challenge.
Starting today, you may post your pictures for everyone to see for this challenge as a comment in our Facebook Event detailing this week's challenge.
Be sure to include the name of your "TEAM" as well as which challenge your photo is documenting and how you completed it/met the criteria where applicable so that you can have your pictures voted upon. 1 submission=1 entry into the contest. You can gain ADDITIONAL entries for any likes you gain on your uploaded post.
The winning team will be announced at the end of each week allowing for plenty of voting time. Your team & creations will be featured in our weekly newsletters and the winners posted there as well.
🌸☀️🌿💐🌈🌻Project challenge #1🌸☀️🌿💐🌈🌻
Make Your Own Fairy Garden or Gnome Home
Grab an empty flower pot from the backyard, collect a few sticks, go on a rock hunt & gather a few interesting stones and leaves, then create your own fairy garden or gnome home from your findings! Find more inspiration and ideas HERE
🌸☀️🌿💐🌈🌻Project challenge #2🌸☀️🌿💐🌈🌻
Make a Cardboard Structure & Decorate It
Grab that empty cardboard box, some toilet paper rolls, some tape and maybe some stray Christmas lights and get creative! You could build yourself a castle, a house for your dolls or action figures, your dream car to host your own drive-in movie at home with, or maybe even a rocketship!!! For a fun twist & blast from the past, try making a cardboard maze for your family to try out, just like we used to way back when! Find Inspiration HERE
🌸☀️🌿💐🌈🌻Project challenge #3🌸☀️🌿💐🌈🌻
Make a Gnome Friend
Grab some construction paper, felt or cardboard, glue and bits of fabric scraps & make a Gnome friend out of shapes. Take pics of your new friend in his Gnome home if you completed Challenge #1 and share them with us! Find inspiration for both HERE
Take Your Gnome Friend Exploring
Answer a few riddles from our Shreveport-Bossier Family Fun Scavenger Hunt & Explorer's Walk and take your Gnome Friend out to explore our area at the locations you discover from them! Photo-document your Gnome Buddy's journey and share with us HERE.
🌸☀️🌿💐🌈🌻The challenges are for all ages and YES your family can be its own team OR you can grab a friend or neighbor to play along with.
Each week, a new set of challenges will be announced along with any rules and directions that need to accompany them.
All arts & crafts challenges will have multiple ways of completing them, so you can use whatever you have around the house and improvise to complete them.
I will always include links to inspiration and ideas to help you get started as well as options for a wide range of ages so everyone can participate.
Entries/Likes will be tallied on a week to week basis for the duration of the game with the overall top team winning a gift basket at the end of the summer.
You may start posting as soon as you complete your first challenge. Each week we will have a different set of challenges to complete.
Don't forget to watch for next week's challenge in the next newsletter & to see your creations featured!
Have fun, be creative and GOOD LUCK!
- Follow the theme for the week. You may pick one or more of the available challenges to do for that week.
- Each challenge may have its own specifications/criteria. Please check the rules before posting.
- You may start posting pictures HERE as soon as the Theme for the week & challenges are released and have 7 days to have your pictures posted to enter.
- Make sure your pictures are clear and labeled before hitting post!
- When posting your pictures, please put the name of the challenge & your team name in your post.
- Any pictures and projects posted must be made or taken by you or someone in your family & posted during the week of the current challenge you accept.
- You may vote for your favorites for 1 week with tallies being made officially & comments turned off at the end of each 7 day period to allow for tally.
- You agree to allow Macaroni Kid Shreveport-Bossier Moms In the Know use of your photos/creations with regard to this contest & all material related to the challenge. You retain the rights to your creations & photos.
- All ages are welcome.
- Any posts or pictures not appropriate will be removed.
🌸☀️🌿💐🌈🌻Remember to use your imagination and have fun!🌸☀️🌿💐🌈🌻
🌸 Macaroni Kid Shreveport-Bossier Moms In the Know is a free weekly e-newsletter and website that highlights all of the great things for kids and their families to do in our community. Plus, you can find fun activities, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, and much, MUCH, more! Macaroni Kid Shreveport-Bossier Moms In the Know serves families in Shreveport, Bossier, Haughton, Benton, Vivian, Minden , Stonewall and other surrounding communities.🌸