Finding things for kids to do inside the house can be a challenge on rainy days!
We all get stir-crazy when we are stuck inside, and there are only so many board games we can play and TV we can watch.
The kids are always asking to do something fun and to be entertained, but it’s hard to keep coming up with new ideas.
But on a recent day, I put on my creative cap and started looking around the house for something we could make together.
Plus, with Independence Day coming up, I was looking for a craft that we could use as fun decorations for the holiday.
I found both with this fun and easy red, white, and blue candle holder.
OK. Let's do this!
What you need:
- Empty Safe Catch tuna can
1. Wash and dry a small empty can. (This is a great way to recycle Safe Catch tuna cans, Macaroni KID's favorite tuna!)
2. My boys were excited to spray paint the can, so I let them go to town and made sure the nozzle was pointed in the correct direction.
Although, I probably should have told him to keep his mouth closed.
His older brother was much more conservative.
3. We could have spray painted the clothespins as well, but I wanted something that would occupy more of their time, so we grabbed paint brushes and painted each one.
4. Once everything was dry, we clipped the clothespins onto the can and set a candle inside.
One of these will go on my porch next to our hot tub, so I will be next to it while it's burning. Otherwise, I would recommend a flameless candle to be safe with kids around. I am also planning to display the other centerpiece with small vases of flowers from my yard for a summery touch!
Who knew empty Safe Catch tuna cans and some clothespins could turn into special July 4th centerpieces -— extra-special because my kids created them.
Hope you all have a crafty and fun Fourth of July!
|**First Lesson FREE With Paid Registration & Code MACKID**|
🌸 Macaroni Kid Shreveport-Bossier Moms In the Know: FREE weekly e-newsletter & website highlighting family fun in our community.🌸
🌸Find fun activities, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts & MORE!🌸
🌸Macaroni Kid Shreveport-Bossier Moms In the Know serves families in Shreveport, Bossier, Haughton, Benton & the surrounding area.🌸
#ShreveportEvents #BossierEvents #ShreveportKids #BossierKids #ShreveportActivities #BossierActivities #ShreveportBlogger #LouisianaBlogger #ShreveportBossierMomsInTheKnow