|Use code #MACKID with paid registration & get your first lesson FREE!|
BOSSIER PARISH STUDENTS
Bossier Kindergarten Registration
Bossier Parish Schools Spring Kindergarten registration for the 2022/23 school year will be available beginning April 18th.
The entire registration process can be completed online at your convenience. Please note that the parent/guardian that completes the new student online registration will need to have a valid email account.
STEP 1 - SCHOOL FINDER
STEP 2 - PREPARE DOCUMENTS
Prepare the following documents in digital format (prefered format is an original pdf or scanned copy, otherwise a high resolution picture) to be uploaded in the secure portal:
- Photo ID (Driver’s license, State issued ID, or Military ID)
- Student’s original, state issued birth certificate. Certificate of Live Birth not accepted.
- Current Louisiana Immunization Record (example)
- Two Proofs of Residence with your name and address
- One (1) current utility bill showing the physical address for service within the District; AND
- One (1) of the following that shows location of residence within the District:
- Property tax records; or
- Mortgage documents or property deed; or
- Apartment or home lease or, if no lease, a Declaration of Residence Form (see school registrar for form)
- Social Security card (not required, but highly recommended)
- For students entering grades 1-12: most recent report card/withdrawal slip from previous school. High school transcript (if applicable).
STEP 3: BEGIN THE NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION PROCESS
- Visit the secure registration portal HERE [Spanish]
- Enter your full legal name (not your student’s name) and a valid email address.
- After clicking the Register button you will be sent an email with a unique link to begin the registration. If you don’t receive an email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder.
- Click the link in your email to be taken to the Online Registration site. To begin, choose the appropriate School Year. Throughout the online registration process choose the blue “Next” button to move to the upcoming section. Choose the blue “Previous” button to go back to the preceding section.
- Complete all sections and click the Submit Registration button on the final page. If any fields are filled out incorrectly, you will receive an error message. Correct the errors and resubmit.
After you submit your registration, office staff from your school will process the form. If additional information is needed, your school will contact you either by email or phone.
2022/2023 PREK APPLICATION PROCESS FOR BOSSIER PARISH SCHOOLS
Bossier Parish Schools offer Pre-K classes at the following elementary schools: Apollo - 2 classrooms. Bellaire - 2 classrooms, Bossier Elementary - 1classroom, Central Park Elementary - 2 classrooms, Elm Grove Elementary - 1 classroom, Haughton Elementary - 2 classrooms, Kerr Elementary - 3 classrooms, Meadowview Elementary - 3 classrooms, Plain Dealing High School - 1 classroom, Plantation Park Elementary - 3 classrooms, Rodes - Elementary - 7 classrooms and Waller Elementary - 3 classrooms.
- Child must be 4 years old on or before September 30, 2021
- Priority is given to a child that lives within the attendance zone for one of the following schools: Apollo Elementary, Bellaire Elementary, Bossier Elementary, Central Park Elementary, Elm Grove Elementary, Kerr Elementary, Meadowview Elementary, Haughton Elementary, Plain Dealing High School, Plantation Park Elementary, Rodes Elementary and Waller Elementary
- Application does not guarantee acceptance into the Bossier 2022-2023 Pre-K program.
In order for your child to attend Pre-K, you must have these documents:
- PARENT PICTURE I.D. – parent listed on birth certificate & record of person registering child
- CHILD’S BIRTH CERTIFICATE - must present original certificate, not a hospital record
- CHILD’S STATE OF LOUISIANA UNIVERSAL CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION – shot record
- PARENT/CHILD PROOF OF RESIDENCE
- One (1) current utility bill showing the physical address for service within the District AND
- One (1) of the following that shows location of residence within the District.
- Property tax records; or
- Mortgage documents or property deed; or
- Apartment or home lease or, if no lease, a Declaration of Residence Form (see school registrar)
- If the student resides with a legal guardian (court appointed) the court decree must be provided
- SNAP/CASE DETAIL LETTER – must include the child’s name and valid effective dates - (if applicable) OR
- TWO (2) CONSECUTIVE CURRENT CHECK STUBS for EACH PARENT/CAREGIVER IN THE HOUSEHOLD (within two months from date of Registration)
CADDO PARISH STUDENTS
Parents/guardians of children who will be four (Pre-K) or five years old (K) by September 30, 2022:
Registration is happening NOW online for Pre-K or Kindergarten classes for the 2022-2023 school year!
• Application for Pre-K and Registration for Kindergarten: March 7, 2022.
• What do I need to apply/register?
Kindergarten Registration AND Pre-K Application require:
Certified Birth Certificate of child being registered Louisiana Immunization Record of child being registered (must be current)
Social Security Card of child being registered
Parent/Legal Guardian state issued picture ID
Proof of Residence of parent/legal guardian (CURRENT utility bill (gas, water, electric only) current lease or mortgage statement with parent/legal guardian name and address)
Pre-K Application ALSO requires:
Stamped, Self-Addressed, envelope (legal size (#10) with child’s first and last name (Example: To the parents of Child’s Name)
Proof of Income of parent/legal guardian using ONE of the following:
• Check Stubs (TWO consecutive check stubs within 2 months of application date for each parent or caregiver in the home)
• Benefits Letter from SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program)
Documentation must be current, and must include child’s name and effective dates)
While there are limited spots depending upon your neighborhood school, it's always best to at least try for those coveted Pre-K spots.
Don't be discouraged just because Pre-k happens to require more documents for entry than Kindergarten.
Sometimes there ends up being a waiting list for Pre-k, so get your documents turned in as soon as possible.
If you are interested in having your child tested for gifted preschool please call 603-6700 to set up an appointment time. You must reside in Caddo Parish for this program.
|**First Lesson FREE With Paid Registration & Code MACKID**|
🌸 Macaroni Kid Shreveport-Bossier Moms In the Know: FREE weekly e-newsletter & website highlighting family fun in our community.🌸
🌸Find fun activities, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts & MORE!🌸
🌸Macaroni Kid Shreveport-Bossier Moms In the Know serves families in Shreveport, Bossier, Haughton, Benton & the surrounding area.🌸
#ShreveportEvents #BossierEvents #ShreveportKids #BossierKids #ShreveportActivities #BossierActivities #ShreveportBlogger #LouisianaBlogger #ShreveportBossierMomsInTheKnow #Easter #ShreveportEaster #BossierEaster #EasterGuide #EasterEventsGuide #EasterEggHunts #EggHunts #marketing #socialmedia #shreveport #Bossier #bossiercity #shreveportbossier #texarkana #longviewtx #easttexas #share #event #events