Bossier Libraries will reinstate curbside pickup at ALL locations on Monday, May 18, 2020, barring any changes to public health directives.
MONDAY-SATURDAY, 10AM-5PM AT ALL BOSSIER PARISH LIBRARIES LOCATIONS
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Use the MY ACCOUNT feature to place a hold on an item.
- Receive notification that your hold is available for pickup.
- Drive to the location you chose as your pickup location.
- Remain in your vehicle & call to let us know you're here.
- We bring your item to you for contact-free delivery.
Limit of 10 items per visit.
Shreve Memorial Library System
"We are excited to begin offering curbside pickup service to our patrons. Our plan is to roll out this service to seven of our larger branches, with plans to expand the service to other library branches in the near future. We want to be able to provide the best service to our patrons, while doing everything we can to maintain the health, safety and well-being of both our staff and our patrons." - John Tuggle, Executive Director, Shreve Memorial Library
Beginning Monday, May 18, 2020, curbside pickup service, as well as call-in Readers’ Advisory and reference help, will be available at the following Shreve Memorial Library branches:
- Broadmoor Branch, 1212 Captain Shreve Drive, Shreveport, (318) 869-0120
- Cedar Grove/Line Avenue Branch, 8303 Line Avenue, Shreveport, (318) 868-3890
- Hamilton/South Caddo Branch, 2111 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop, Shreveport, (318) 687-6824
- North Caddo Branch, 615 N. Pine Street, Vivian, (318) 375-3975
- North Shreveport Branch, 4844 North Market Street, Shreveport, (318) 674-8172
- Wallette Branch, 363 Hearne Avenue, Shreveport, (318) 425-3630
- West Shreveport Branch, 4380 Pines Road, Shreveport, (318) 635-0883
Curbside pickup will be available Monday through Saturday from 10:15 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Patrons can place holds online OR by calling one of the branches listed above.
Once the hold has been pulled and is available for pickup, the patron will be notified by email and/or telephone.
Once you receive notification that your hold is ready for pickup, just head to the designated Shreve Memorial Library branch and park in one of the curbside pickup parking spaces.
Call the phone number listed above after you park, and library staff will prepare the items for check out.
In order to maintain contact-less pickup and social distancing, patrons should wait INSIDE your car until AFTER library staff has placed your items on the pickup table AND have returned inside the building. THEN you may get out and walk up to pick up your items.
Curbside pickup service will also be available at the following Shreve Memorial Library branches. Times of curbside pickup service vary.
- Atkins Branch, 3704 Greenwood Avenue, Shreveport, (318) 635-6222 (Mon. - Sat. 10:15 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.)
- Belcher-Wyche Branch, 409 Charles Street, Belcher, (318) 378-4567 (Tues. 1 p.m. - 7 p.m., Thurs. 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. and Fri. 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Blanchard Branch, 344 Alexander Street, Blanchard, (318) 929-3163 (Tues. 11:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., Wed. 11:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Friday 11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- David Raines Branch, 2855 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, Shreveport, (318) 222-0824 (Mon. - Sat. 10:15 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.)
- Gilliam Branch, 12797 Main Street, Gilliam, (318) 296-4227 (Mon. 12 p.m. - 5 p.m., Tues. 11 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Thurs. 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Higginbotham-Bryson Branch, 9359 Greenwood Road, Greenwood, (318) 938-1451 (Mon. 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., Wed. 1 p.m. - 6 p.m., and Fri. 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.)
- Hollywood/Union Avenue Branch, 2105 Hollywood Avenue, Shreveport, (318) 636-5520 (Mon. - Sat. 10:15 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.)
- Hosston Branch, 15478 US Hwy 71, Hosston, (318) 287-3265 (Mon., Wed., and Fri. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Means Branch, 7016 Magnolia Lane, Ida, (318) 284-3416 (Tues., Wed., and Fri. 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Mooretown Branch, 4360 Hollywood Avenue, Shreveport, (318) 636-5524 (Mon. - Sat. 10:15 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.)
- Mooringsport Branch, 603 Latimer Street, Mooringsport, (318) 996-6720 (Mon., Wed., and Fri. 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
- Rodessa Branch, 10093 Main Street, Rodessa, (318) 223-4336 (Mon., Wed., and Thurs. 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
Centers and homebound patrons may also request curbside delivery service via the Mobile Library beginning Monday, June 1, 2020.
To reserve items for pickup, place holds online via the catalog or call the branch. Once your items have been pulled and is available for pickup, you will be notified by email and/or telephone.
Once you’ve received notification that your hold is ready for pickup, visit the designated Shreve Memorial Library branch and park in one of the curbside pickup parking spaces. Upon arrival, call the phone number listed, and library staff will prepare the items for check out. In order to maintain contactless pickup and social distancing, wait in your vehicle until library staff has placed your items on the pickup table and returned to the building before picking up your items.
Be sure to check the Shreve Memorial Library website often for additional updates.
In order to utilize the library's curbside pickup service, you will need to place a hold online to reserve your library books, DVDs and other materials.
You'll receive a notification when your items are ready for pickup!
Holds remain valid for one year, and you can place up to 15 items on hold at a time. Please remember that holds may not be immediately available and pickup times may be delayed.
For more information, click here.
Still holding onto those library books you checked out in March? You may now return those items to select SML branches! All items must be returned via library book drops available at each branch. Due to COVID-19 precautions, all returned items will be quarantined for four (4) days before being checked in. You may return items to the Broadmoor, Cedar Grove/Line Avenue, North Caddo, North Shreveport, Wallette and West Shreveport branches.
Effective Tuesday, May 26, patrons will be able to return checked out library materials to 19 branch book drops and the mobile library. In addition, curbside pickup service will expand to 12 additional Shreve Memorial Library branches on Monday, June 1.
🌸 Macaroni Kid Shreveport-Bossier Moms In the Know is a free weekly e-newsletter and website that highlights all of the great things for kids and their families to do in our community. Plus, you can find fun activities, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, and much, MUCH, more! Macaroni Kid Shreveport-Bossier Moms In the Know serves families in Shreveport, Bossier, Haughton, Benton, Vivian, Minden , Stonewall and other surrounding communities.🌸