Happy Mardi Gras: Click on each route to see more info about that specific parade.
Gemini Information: ***NEW START TIME OF 3:30PM***
Friday, February 21 - Clyde Fant Parkway from Lake Street to Shreveport-Barksdale Highway will close beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 22 - Clyde Fant Parkway will re-open to traffic at 7:00 a.m. on parade day so people can set up early Saturday. DO NOT SET UP PRIOR TO 7 AM ON SATURDAY.
Any stakes, flagging tape, furniture, tents, and other such items left as space markers prior to 7:00 a.m. will be removed and discarded by police. Violators are subject to citation, tow, and removal from the parade.
- Parking on East Kings Highway is reserved for permit holders only.
- No parking is allowed before 7:00 a.m. on parade day on Shreveport-Barksdale Highway or the Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway. No parking is allowed at all on any neutral ground and improved roadway on Shreveport-Barksdale Highway.
- Citizens may not park in restricted areas marked with rope, cable, tape, or any other device used as a barricade.
- No parking is allowed on Captain Shreve Drive.
- Restricted parking allowed on residential streets from Albany Avenue to Patton Avenue. Some streets allow parking only on one side while other streets forbid parking. Look for parking signs and remember that the streets must remain clear for emergency vehicles. Violator’s vehicles are subject to tow at their own expense.
- Handicapped parking is available at the East Kings Highway Park, also known as the “Duck Pond”, at the Veterans Memorial Park on Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway and at Atlantic Avenue at East Kings Highway. A handicap parking tag or plate will be necessary to gain access.
Parade day street closures:
- 8:30 am - Crockett Street from Spring Street to Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway.
- 8:30 am - Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway from Lake Street to Milam Street.
- 8:30 am - Crockett Street east at Spring Street
- 8:30 am - Crockett Street east at Market Street
- 8:30 am - Commerce Street south at Milam Street
- Lake Street will open at 10:00 am then close to eastbound Spring Street at 2:00 pm
- 2:00 pm - Stoner Avenue south to Clyde Fant Parkway
- 2:00 pm – Stoner Avenue north to Clyde Fant Parkway
- 2:00 pm - Clyde Fant Parkway Exit Ramp to Shreveport-Barksdale
- 2:00 pm - Clyde Fant Parkway at Shreveport-Barksdale Bridge
- 2:00 pm - Bossier will close the Shreveport Barksdale Bridge
- 2:00 pm - Shreveport Barksdale from Youree Drive to Shreveport-Barksdale Bridge at
- 2:00 pm - East Kings Highway From Shreveport-Barksdale to Preston Avenue
- 2:00 pm - Shreveport-Barksdale Service Rd. (Flyer Dr.), Southbound & Northbound at
- 2:00 pm - All streets along East Kings will close
- Knight St. WILL remain open.
- Preston Avenue exit from Clyde Fant WILL remain open until floats arrive at Preston Avenue and East Kings Highway.
No Throw Areas:
- The staging area on Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway north of Lake Street
- The railroad tracks over Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway just north of Veteran’s Memorial Park
- Stoner Avenue bridge over Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway
- Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway exit to Shreveport-Barksdale Highway
- The transitioning curve from Shreveport-Barksdale Highway to East Kings Highway
- Past the ending banner on East Kings Highway and any points thereafter
- No glass bottles or containers are allowed on the parade route.
- No one may cross parade barricades during the parade.
- No animals allowed within 200 yards of the parade route, except service animals.
- No dangerous objects or silly string.
- No concealed carrying of a firearm.
- No one may throw anything at a parade float.
- Large flags or banners are not allowed within 50 feet of the parade route.
- No underage possession of alcohol. Violators will be arrested.
- No public nudity will be tolerated. Violators will be arrested.
- No ATV’s, side by side, dirt bikes, or any other motorized recreational vehicles are allowed on any public property, this includes the grassy areas along Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway and city streets. Violators will be subject to citation, arrest, and towing of the vehicle.
****NOTE THE NEW ROUTE FOR THE KREWE OF HIGHLAND PARADE****
Police will close Fern Avenue from Greenway Place to Atlantic Avenue beginning at 8:00 a.m. Sunday morning and it will remain closed until the parade is finished. This is the designated parade staging area.
At approximately 1:00 p.m., officers will close all intersecting streets along the parade route. Barricades will be set up and officers will be assigned to monitor those intersections and will allow residents ingress and egress to their homes as needed. Authorities will open up those intersections as soon as the parade passes and it is safe to do so.
The parade will begin at 2pm and will proceed as follows: north on Gilbert Drive, west on Gladstone Boulevard, north on Creswell Avenue, east on Herndon Street, south on Centenary Boulevard, and end at the intersection of Gilbert Drive and Gladstone Boulevard. All side streets accessing this route will be blocked.
• Do not leave children unattended! Make plans to meet up at a particular location in case children become separated from guardians during the parade.
• Do not fight or struggle over beads.
• Keep a safe distance from the floats.
• LOCK YOUR VEHICLES
• Do not take purses or wallets to parades.
• Obey all traffic signs and directions from officers.
• No ATV’s, Golf Carts, dirt bikes or other motorized recreational vehicles are allowed on the roadway.
• Use common sense and treat others like you would want to be treated!
🌸 Macaroni Kid Shreveport-Bossier Moms In the Know is a free weekly e-newsletter and website that highlights all of the great things for kids and their families to do in our community. Plus, you can find fun activities, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, and much, MUCH, more! Macaroni Kid Shreveport-Bossier Moms In the Know serves families in Shreveport, Bossier, Haughton, Benton, Vivian, Minden , Stonewall and other surrounding communities.🌸