There's no trick to making this Halloween treat. Monster apple bites is an ingenious yet simple recipe that your little monsters are sure to love preparing with you -- and eating too!
There are only six ingredients and no baking is needed!
- A green apple
- Creamy peanut butter
- Purple grapes (I used moondrops, which are longer than regular grapes)
- Chocolate drops
- Pine nuts
- Cut the apple in half and then cut the halves in half again to make quarters.
- Cut a wedge out of each quarter to create the mouth on the skin side.
- Fill the gap/mouth with peanut butter spread.
- Place the pine nuts on top of the mouth for the teeth.
- Slice the grapes lengthwise and place one slice at the bottom of the mouth for the tongue.
- Slice the marshmallows for the eyes and stick one or two pieces above the mouth with some peanut butter.
- Add a chocolate drop at the center of each eye.
Boo-tiful! Now your monstrous treat is ready to eat!
Francesca Walker is the publisher of Macaroni Kid Miami North East-Miami Beach, Fla.